Welcome to the Interactive Biomaterials REU Program.
The BioInspired Institute | Syracuse Biomaterials Innovation Facility is an interdisciplinary institute focused on research in biological materials, from the properties of individual cells, to their organization into tissues and organs, to the development of smart medical devices. The institute is a cohesive collection of highly collaborative faculty spanning eight (8) academic units, including faculty from SU College of Engineering and Computer Science, College of Arts and Sciences, SUNY Upstate Medical University and SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry.
- Collaborative research on the campuses of Syracuse. University, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse VA Medical Center and SUNY ESF.
- State-of-the-art research facilities.
- Seminars, workshops, professional development and teambuilding and social activities.
- REU Research Poster Session (students may be nominated to participate in NSF REU Symposium)
- Generous Stipend
- University Housing
- Meal Plan Supplement
- Undergraduate students majoring in science or engineering
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Minorities and women strongly encouraged to apply
Students have the opportunity to do research in any of the following areas:
- 3D Biofabrication/Bioprinting
- Functional and Responsive Materials
- Tissue Engineering/Regenerative Medicine
- Polymer Chemistry, Rheology and Processing
- Theory and Modeling
- Stem Cell Based Therapies
- Biomaterials Composites
- Soft and Living Matter
- Medical Device
- Cell/Materials Interactions
- Developmental Biology