Interactive Biomaterials REU Program
June 11, 2017 – August 16, 2017
SYRACUSE BIOMATERIALS INSTITUTE
318 Bowne Hall
Syracuse, New York, 13214
The Application Process is now closed.
Notification of acceptance into the REU Program will begin March 15th.
- Collaborative research on the campuses of Syracuse University, Upstate Medical University and SUNY ESF
- State-of-the-art research facilities
- Seminars, workshops and field trips
- REU Research Poster Session (students may be nominated to participate in NSF REU Symposium)
- Undergraduate students majoring in science or engineering*
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Women, military veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
*Most Students will have completed their junior year, although talented students with less experience will be considered for acceptance in the program.
- $5500 Stipend
- University Housing
- $200 SUperCard to use in campus dinning and snack shops
- Social activities and group trips
- 3D Biofabrication/Bioprinting
- Functional and Responsive Materials
- Tissue engineering/Regenerative Medicine
- Polymer Chemistry
- Theory and Modeling
- Stem Cell Based Therapies
- Cell/Materials Interactions
- Polymer Rheology and Processing
- Biomaterial Composites
- Theoretical Condensed Matter
- Medical Devices
- Developmental Biology
- Complete the application form, which can either be completed online, or you can download, print, and mail in a hard copy.
- The application includes a personal statement (one page) describing your career goals in scientific research and why you wish to participate in this program. For the online version, you may find it easier to compose the personal statement by using a word processor, and then copy/paste it into the form.
Online: Print a copy of the online form for your records, check the box indicating that you agree to the stated conditions, and submit the form.
Hard Copy: Make a copy of the form for your records, sign the bottom indicating that you agree to the stated conditions, and send the form to our mailing address, or PDF and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only official university transcript will be accepted. Please mail transcript to REU Program Director, Jay Henderson, C/O Syracuse Biomaterials Institute, 318 Bowne Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244-1200.
Letters of Recommendation:
Obtain two letters of recommendation from faculty members at your institution or elsewhere. These persons should be familiar with your academic and/or research abilities and should be able to judge whether you are suited for undergraduate research. Please contact your references prior to submitting your application. References may send their letters of recommendation (hard copy) directly to Jay Henderson or can email a PDF letter to Karen Low (email@example.com)