- Travel costs (flights, gas, etc.) to SU are not covered by our program.
- We will provide reimbursement up to $60 per student towards taxi fare to and from Syracuse Hancock Airport (receipts required).
- There are kiosks available next to the baggage claim areas at Syracuse Hancock Airport to arrange a taxi or shuttle service or you can make pre-arrangements by contacting Airport Taxi company directly. (perhaps contact other students to coordinate arrival times to share taxi or shuttle to campus)
- Airport Taxi:(315) 437-5555
Provides bus service to Syracuse and the surrounding Onondaga County area.
- Centro Bus Service: Summer Shuttle Schedules
- ZipCars are available on campus, you must be a member with ZipCar to use their cars for transportation.
- You can join ZipCar at zipcar.com
Students may purchase a permit for the following parking locations:
Booth Garage $313
Manley South (free shuttle) $41
- Booth garage parking requires a deposit of $50.00 for a proxy card (allows access to the garage) your deposit will be refunded when you return the Proxy card.
- Please contact me, if you would like to purchase a parking permit and indicate which parking lot. Please complete and print the Parking Application prior to going to Parking Services.
- Students may purchase a parking permit at Parking Services M-F 8:00am to 4:30pm
(let them know you are with the SBI REU Program)
- If you arrive on Saturday 6/4, or Sunday, 6/5 you may park at Ostrom parking lot for that weekend only. You must be out of Ostrom by 7:30 a.m., Monday, 6/6.
- Campus Maps: North Campus Map has Booth Hall and Bowne Hall highlighted; South Campus Map shows the location of Manley Parking Lots and South Campus.
- Students are welcome to check-in to Booth Hall beginning at noon on Saturday, June 4, please let us know when you plan to arrive firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to Booth Hall
- The main desk will be open at Booth Hall from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- Guests arriving before 8:00 a.m. or after midnight can contact the on-call assistant by dialing the Main Desk Phone Number 315-443-1961
- The Interactive Biomaterials REU program pays for REU student housing directly.
- We can try to accommodate room preferences; however we are limited by the number of students and gender. Other REU students will be housed on your floor as well.
- The dorms will have kitchen facilities and our bookstore rents MicroFridges. The Bookstore will deliver a microfridge to your room in advance of your arrival. Purchase online and make sure to type in “SBI” instead of SUID# on agreement page located at MicroFridge Rental.
- Permitted appliances include refrigerators 5.0 cubic feet or less and microwaves 1000 watts or less. Air conditioners, hotplates, grills (including ‘George Foreman’ grills), space heaters, multi-bulb lights, etc. are not permitted). Space is a premium; please check with your roommate first so you don’t duplicate items.
- Laundry facilities accept quarters: Washer $1.50 // Dryer $1.25
Ernie Dinning Hall
Hours of operations:
Monday thru Friday
Bkft 7:00 am – 10:00am
Lun 11:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Din 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Cont 9:00am – 10:00am
Brunch 11:00am – 3:00pm
Din 4:30 – 6:30 pm
(Cash, credit or SUperfood only)
Eggers and Life Science 8-2p.m. M-F
Gallery at ESF 9-1:30 p.m. M-F
Pages in the Library 10-1:30 p.m. M-F
Newhouse 10-1:30 p.m. M-F (July and August only)
Schine is 8-3:00 p.m. M-F
- If you plan to purchase a meal plan, we require a deposit of $500, or a SUperCard deposit by May 23, to ensure your plan is active upon your arrival.
- Please make your check payable to “Syracuse University”
- Again you may elect to pay as you go at the dining hall, campus snack shops and local restaurants and grocery stores.
- The Ernie Davis Dining Hall is the designated summer dinning center. You can choose to purchase a meal plan or pay at the door.
- Meal rates for cash or SUpercard users ( B $9.25, (L) $13.90 and (D) $19.70
- 10 meals plan + $30 SUpercard is $204.00 per week
- 14 meals per week plan $204
- 19 meals per week plan $219
You will be issued a conference card to access your dorm, dining hall, Bowne Hall, library and gym. When you arrive you can register for a guest network account to access the internet.
We will sponsor a temporary account after you arrive on campus which will take at least a week to setup. So please use the self sponsored method until your temporary account is setup.
Business Casual Attire in SBI Labs: MANDATORY SAFETY PRACTICES
- No open-toed shoes (please bring shoes that will protect your feet in the event of a chemical spill).
- Full length pants only (no shorts, skirts or capri pants) again wear clothing that will protect your skin.
- Labs will supply personal protective equipment, such as lab jacket, glasses and gloves as appropriate.